Applications are now open for the resurgence support payment. These payments are for businesses which have suffered a drop in revenue due to a COVID alert level increase to level 2 or higher. The resurgence support payment is part of the Government’s COVID support initiatives which was announced in the original COVID support package.
Eligible businesses and organization’s can apply to receive the lesser of:
- $1,500 plus $400 per fulltime-equivalent (FTE) employee, up to a maximum of 50 FTEs, or
- Four times (4x) the actual revenue drop experienced by the applicant.
The current eligibility criteria for the RSP:
- Applicants must have experienced a revenue decrease or decrease in capital-raising ability of at least 30% due to the increase in alert level.
- Businesses and organisations (including sole traders) must have been in business for at least 6 months.
- Applicants (including sole traders and trustees) must be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- The business or organisation must be considered viable and ongoing.
- Charities and not-for-profit organisations may be entitled to the RSP, provided they meet the other eligibility requirements including that they are a viable, ongoing organisation.
- State sector organisations are excluded from the RSP but can apply to the Minister of Finance for an exemption to apply for the scheme.
- Income that is received passively – such as interest and dividends, and all forms of residential and commercial rent – is excluded from the measurement of revenue.
Receiving any other Government COVID-19 support does not affect eligibility for the RSP.
More information regarding eligibility and different business types is available on the IRD website.